Friday, July 8, 2011

Blood, Sweat,and Skeeters

After many nights of sanding, fiberglassing, painting, cutting, carpeting, glueing and after loosing many pints of blood to the damn northwoods mosquitos; the dingy is done.  Built with a 4'x5' casting platform, its first go was a success. 
I have 4 kayaks a canoe, jon boat and a full sized fishing boat, but I needed a craft that I could stand up and flycast in small streams and ponds.  In comes the 8'8" dingy.  Charlie and I tested it out on a small lake last night and it worked flawlessly.  Look out Redhorse, cause here we come.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job giving it new life. You can take that on some nice small stream water. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll be testing it more on Monday then a river float after that!

    ReplyDelete