Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunburn, Poison Ivy, and Mooneye!

Well it was "that time of year again".  Time for another Roundup!  I met up with a few fellow roughfishers on a multi-species fishing adventure down in the driftless region.  Many species were caught, I ended up with 5 species: Mooneye, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Largemouth Bass, and a sweet Shovelnose Sturgeon.
I saw several snakes and most were large Fox Snakes; heres one of the bigger ones.
A nice Bow for dinner.
The Mooneye are very cool fish and were everywhere.  I swear you could signal a plane with their reflections; very shiny fish.
This is my largest Mooneye to date, a real scrapper.
I love visiting the driftless area.  Theres very diverse fishing and beautiful scenery, all surrounded by beautiful hardwoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment